Construct the names of these European towns, the number of stations and the length in kilometers of their metro system:
London 270 402 Moscow 206 346 Rotterdam 62 78 Prague 61 65 Bilbao 48 49 Budapest 52 38 Lausanne 14 6 The total number of ciphers and letters is 80. They are distributed as follows: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E G I L M N O P R S T U W 3 2 5 2 5 2 6 2 3 1 6 3 1 3 4 1 1 3 2 4 6 2 3 3 3 3 1
The first day of the month 0000 UTC through the last day of the month 2400 UTC.
1. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be 2x CW.
2. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be made using 5W or less of output power measured at the transmitter. The station worked in any QSO may be using any power level.
3. Any and all bands may be used.
4. No QSOs that have been made in any contest or sprint may be used in completing a challenge.
5. Only QSOs made with a station who was transmitting from a location within Europe at the time of the QSO may be submitted.
6. You can use each letter and cipher in a call TWICE. For example you could use MW∅MIE for 4 (=2×2) M’s, 2 W’s, 2 ∅’s, 2 I’s and 2 E’s. However, subsequent QSOs with the same station cannot be used for additional letters.
7. Each challenge runs over an entire month.
8. European and other NAQCC challenges are not mutually exclusive. Members can participate in both in any given month. Indeed the call of each station worked may be submitted for more than one NAQCC challenge.
9. Non-members are very welcome to participate in and submit their entries for NAQCC European challenges, but are not eligible for awards. They will be listed in a separate section in the results.
10. Reports must be RECEIVED before 2400 UTC on the tenth of the month following the challenge.
A certificate and two participation points go to anyone making the names of these European towns, the number of stations and the length of their metro system.
Participation award and web listing:
To get a Participation Award and to be listed on the web site you must make at least one of the names of these European towns, the number of stations and the length of its metro system.
For your report, list the words you made and the station used for each letter in the word. The number of stations listed must be the same as the number of letters in each word, even though you use the same station for more than one letter.
Please send your log in this format (this challenge is just an example):
ON4JXC, RX3AG, ON4JXC, HG1ITU, RX3AG, RX3AG, DL1YCV, RX3AG, HG1ITU
F8GRV, EA3GBX, EA3GBX, RX3AG, HG1ITU, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, OH2BBT, F8GRV
DL3MHF, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, DL3MHF, RX3AG, DL1YCV
Note how RX3AG is listed for both a’s, the r and 3 in JANUARY 31, the r in FEBRUARY 28 and the 3 in MARCH 31
There is no need to use an attachment. You can paste the results in your email. You may also include comments about the challenge. Please preface any comments you want posted with “SOAPBOX:” so we will know what you want posted and what is private.
Send your results to:
You must type that address into your email program.
Subject must read: (your call) NAQCC (month) Challenge
For example: K3WWP NAQCC September Challenge
All the above get a certificate and two participation points.
All the above are awarded a participation certificate and a participation point.