Construct the names of these European zoos:
Loro Parque Chester Zoo Prague Zoo Tiergarten Schoenbrunn Valencia Bioparc Palmitos Park The total number of ciphers and letters is 77. They are distributed as follows: A B C E G H I K L M N O P Q R S T U V Z 8 2 4 8 2 2 4 1 3 1 5 9 5 1 9 3 4 3 1 2
The first day of the month 0000 UTC through the last day of the month 2400 UTC.
1. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be 2x CW.
2. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be made using 5W or less of output power measured at the transmitter. The station worked in any QSO may be using any power level.
3. Any and all bands may be used.
4. No QSOs that have been made in any contest or sprint may be used in completing a challenge.
5. Only QSOs made with a station who was transmitting from a location within Europe at the time of the QSO may be submitted.
6. You can use each letter and cipher in a call TWICE. For example you could use MW∅MIE for 4 (=2×2) M’s, 2 W’s, 2 ∅’s, 2 I’s and 2 E’s. However, subsequent QSOs with the same station cannot be used for additional letters.
7. Each challenge runs over an entire month.
8. European and other NAQCC challenges are not mutually exclusive. Members can participate in both in any given month. Indeed the call of each station worked may be submitted for more than one NAQCC challenge.
9. Non-members are very welcome to participate in and submit their entries for NAQCC European challenges, but are not eligible for awards. They will be listed in a separate section in the results.
10. Reports must be RECEIVED before 2400 UTC on the tenth of the month following the challenge.
A certificate and two participation points go to anyone making the names of these European zoos.
Participation award and web listing:
To get a Participation Award and to be listed on the web site you must make at least make one of the names of these European zoos.
For your report, list the words you made and the station used for each letter in the word. The number of stations listed must be the same as the number of letters in each word, even though you use the same station for more than one letter.
Please send your log in this format (this challenge is just an example):
ON4JXC, RX3AG, ON4JXC, HG1ITU, RX3AG, RX3AG, DL1YCV, RX3AG, HG1ITU
F8GRV, EA3GBX, EA3GBX, RX3AG, HG1ITU, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, OH2BBT, F8GRV
DL3MHF, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, DL3MHF, RX3AG, DL1YCV
Note how RX3AG is listed for both a’s, the r and 3 in JANUARY 31, the r in FEBRUARY 28 and the 3 in MARCH 31
There is no need to use an attachment. You can paste the results in your email. You may also include comments about the challenge. Please preface any comments you want posted with “SOAPBOX:” so we will know what you want posted and what is private.
Send your results to:
You must type that address into your email program.
Subject must read: (your call) NAQCC (month) Challenge
For example: K3WWP NAQCC August Challenge
OK/DL2DXA/P, DL/OK1CZ/P, HB9CBR/P, OE/HB9FVF/P, DL6FBK/P, HA8QZ, RX15RX, HB9BQU/P, GU/M0HWX, EV750M
CT1DBS/P, HB9DQM/P, E77EA, S52CU/P, OK2PDT/P, OE5EIN/P, YU7RQ/P, LZ1IF, OK1HCD/P, OK2BMA/P
DJ5AA/P, OZ1AAR, S52AU/P, HG0DX, GM0BPU/P, G4MEM/P, OH1LWZ/M, OK1IF/P, OK2VWB/P
TM12FAJ, SM5IMO, GW0EVV/P, SV5/RD1AP, HB9DGV/P, EI33WAW, 5P90EDR, HB9DST/P, EI3KA/P, OH8MBN, DK6SP, 9A6CW/P, HB9FVF/P, OF5XK, EA2WX/P, OK1NF/P, GM0BPU/P, R10KHL, YU1CA/P, HB9BIN/P, ON5REV/P
S57V, HA7HF/P, F5LKW/P, OE5FSM/P, DL6UNF/P, HF23BSC, OK1FII/P, HA/DL1DUS/P, OE3VBU/8, G0HIO/P, OH9XX/P, SP5DU/P, OE1MVA/P, I1WQR, SO1CC
DL2HVM/P, EA5BYP, F5UKL/P, DK7MG/P, YQ0BIKE, GW0POT/P, OK1DDQ/P, US4EXD/P, MM0FMF/P, OE5AUL/P, DL2RUF/P, I8QFK
UA4LF, OK2EA, RA7R, OK2EA, UA4PAQ, UA4PAQ, RA7R, UA4PAQ, UA4PAQ, OK2EA
R2CA, RA4HBS, OK2EA, RA4HBS, RV1ZT, US5EFU, RA7R, RV1ZT, LX/OO9O, LX/OO9O
UA4PAQ, RA7R, UA4PAQ, YO8KGL, UA4PAQ, US5EFU, RV1ZT, LX/OO9O, LX/OO9O
RV1ZT, IK3UNA, EV6Z, R2CA, YO8KGL, UA4PAQ, R2CA, UT3EK, EV6Z, IK3UNA, RA4HBS, R2CA, RA4HBS, LX/OO9O, UT3EK, IK3UNA, RA4HBS, RV1ZT, UA4LF, RN4AO, RN4AO
RV1ZT, UA4PAQ, UA4LF, UT3EK, F5IN, R4HC, IK3UNA, UA4LF, RA4HBS, F5IN, LX/OO9O, RX3PR, UA4LF, RV1ZT, R4HC
RX3PR, OK2EA, LX/OO9O, UR5LAM, F5IN, UT3EK, YO8KGL, US5EFU, YO9HP, OK2EA, RA4HBS, OK2EA
GS8VL, HB9BOS, UA2FR, HB9BOS, GM3PPE, EA1XN, UA2FR, IZ5HQB, UX7IW, GM3PPE
TM20CC, HB9BOS, GM3PPE, GS8VL, TM20CC, EA1XN, F5HTR, IZ5HQB, OZ1HDF, OZ1HDF
GM3PPE, F5HTR, EA1XN, GS8VL, UX7IW, EA1XN, IZ5HQB, OE5EIN, OE5EIN
TM20CC, GM0LVI, OE5EIN, R8GG, GS8VL, IK2GAJ, R8GG, IT9CLM, OE5EIN, EA1XN, GS8VL, TM20CC, HB9BOS, OM7WFF, OE5EIN, EA1XN, HB9BOS, G4RGV, 4U1A, OE5EIN, OE5EIN
GS8VL, IK2GAJ, GS8VL, OE5EIN, OK1DN, TM20CC, GM0LVI, SV9/WB2GAI, HB9BOS, IZ5HQB, OM7WFF, GM3PPE, SV9/WB2GAI, G4RGV, TM20CC
GM3PPE, EA7DO, GM0LVI, GM3PPE, IZ5HQB, IT9CLM, EA7DO, HB9BOS, PI5FTS, EA7DO, SM0RGG, IK0YVV
DL0WMD, OZ0JX, RA17CW, OZ0JX, PA/DL1KVN/P, RA17CW, RA17CW, IQ8AY, UT4U, IQ1GE
RA17CW, DK1HL, IQ1GE, SC90SM, UT4U, OZ90EDR, OZ90EDR, OZ0JX, OZ90EDR, OZ90EDR
PA/DL1KVN/P, OZ90EDR, RA17CW, IQ1GE, UT4U, OZ90EDR, OZ0JX, DJ4LO, DJ4LO
UT4U, IQ8AY, DL2DVE/P, DM500RT, IQ1GE, PA/DL1KVN/P, DM500RT, DM500RT, DL2DVE/P, PA/DL1KVN/P, SC90SM, RA17CW, DK1HL, EO26U, EO26U, PA/DL1KVN/P, LZ5UPB , 9A/S51R, UT4U, G0NXA, G0NXA
PA/DL1KVN/P, PA/DL1KVN/P, DL0WMD, EO26U, S59N, SC90SM, IQ8AY, IQ8AY, LZ5UPB , IQ1GE, EO26U, PA/DL1KVN/P, IQ8AY, 9A/S51R, SC90SM
PA/DL1KVN/P, 9A/S51R, PA/DL1KVN/P, DL0WMD, IQ1GE, DM500RT, OM5VS , SC90SM, DL2DVE/P, 9A/S51R, UE80AR, PA/DL1KVN/P
All the above get a certificate and two participation points.
All the above are awarded a participation certificate and a participation point.
Just about all my activity was on 20M. Propagation continues to decline. Band had many weak signals and much QSB. Thanks to all the good ops in Europe
RIGs : FT817 (4w) – Argonaut 515 (4w) ANTs : Lèvy – LW KEYs : Old marine – Old german WWII – Vibroplex + home made elect. keyer
BANDs : 7 – 14 – 21 – 28 – 50 MHz
Exactly 50% of challenge letters were obtained in 50 MHz. 50 MHz antenna is the same home made Lèvy used for HF bands that works perfectly in 50 and 144 (I do not know its radiation whims in VHF, Hi).
Tranmatches for HF and VHF are also home made.