Construct the names of these famous European women and their years of birth:
Marie Antoinette 1755 Catherine the Great 1729 Joan of Arc 1412 Elizabeth I 1533 Angela Merkel 1954 The total number of ciphers and letters is 83. They are distributed as follows: 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 A B C E F G H I J K L M N O R T Z 6 2 2 2 4 2 2 9 1 2 12 1 2 3 5 1 1 3 2 5 3 5 7 1
The first day of the month 0000 UTC through the last day of the month 2400 UTC.
1. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be 2x CW.
2. All QSOs submitted for credit in the challenge must be made using 5W or less of output power measured at the transmitter. The station worked in any QSO may be using any power level.
3. Any and all bands may be used.
4. No QSOs that have been made in any contest or sprint may be used in completing a challenge.
5. Only QSOs made with a station who was transmitting from a location within Europe at the time of the QSO may be submitted.
6. You can use each letter and cipher in a call TWICE. For example you could use MW∅MIE for 4 (=2×2) M’s, 2 W’s, 2 ∅’s, 2 I’s and 2 E’s. However, subsequent QSOs with the same station cannot be used for additional letters.
7. Each challenge runs over an entire month.
8. European and other NAQCC challenges are not mutually exclusive. Members can participate in both in any given month. Indeed the call of each station worked may be submitted for more than one NAQCC challenge.
9. Non-members are very welcome to participate in and submit their entries for NAQCC European challenges, but are not eligible for awards. They will be listed in a separate section in the results.
10. Reports must be RECEIVED before 2400 UTC on the tenth of the month following the challenge.
A certificate and two participation points go to anyone making the names of these famous European women and their years of birth.
Participation award and web listing:
To get a Participation Award and to be listed on the web site you must make at least make one name of a famous European woman and her year of birth.
For your report, list the words you made and the station used for each letter in the word. The number of stations listed must be the same as the number of letters in each word, even though you use the same station for more than one letter.
Please send your log in this format (this challenge is just an example):
ON4JXC, RX3AG, ON4JXC, HG1ITU, RX3AG, RX3AG, DL1YCV, RX3AG, HG1ITU
F8GRV, EA3GBX, EA3GBX, RX3AG, HG1ITU, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, OH2BBT, F8GRV
DL3MHF, EA3GBX, F8GRV, DL1YCV, DL3MHF, RX3AG, DL1YCV
Note how RX3AG is listed for both a’s, the r and 3 in JANUARY 31, the r in FEBRUARY 28 and the 3 in MARCH 31
There is no need to use an attachment. You can paste the results in your email. You may also include comments about the challenge. Please preface any comments you want posted with “SOAPBOX:” so we will know what you want posted and what is private.
Send your results to:
You must type that address into your email program.
Subject must read: (your call) NAQCC (month) Challenge
For example: K3WWP NAQCC March Challenge
Marie Antoinette 1755
LK303MA, EB7KA, DR60PAS, UY1CI, OZ90EDR, DR60PAS, F6EJN, OT4A, SP3DOF, UY1CI, F6EJN, OZ90EDR, YT1T, YT1T, UR4EZ, UY1CI, LY27W, S53EO, DL5YM
Catherine the Great 1729
UY1CI, DR60PAS, YT1T, F6HKA, UR4EZ, DR60PAS, I1YRL, SP4LNV, EB7KA, YT1T, F6HKA, S53EO, II1IGG, OZ90EDR, S53EO, EB7KA, OT4A, UY1CI, LY27W, LY27W, OZ90EDR
Joan of Arc 1412
F6EJN, SP3DOF, LZ303MA, SP4LNV, OZ90EDR, DK2FE, LZ303MA, OZ90EDR, UY1CI, I1YRL, UR4EZ, I1YRL, LY27W
Elizabeth I 1533
EB7KA, LY27W, I1YRL, UR4EZ, EA1RKV, EB7KA, F6EJN, UT2IY, HG2DX, II1IGG, YT1T, DL5YM, SP3DOF, SP3DOF
Angela Merkel 1954
EA1RKV, OH6NVC, II1IGG, F6EJN, LY27W, F6HKA, LZ303MA, DK2FE, UR4EZ, EB7KA, DK2FE, I1YRL, YT1T, OZ90EDR, S53EO, UR4EZ
All the above get a certificate and two participation points.
All the above are awarded a participation certificate and a participation point.
Enjoyed the challenge. Thanks to all 73 Dick